Keep Up to Date: EDC LV 2018
Keep Up to Date: EDC Las Vegas 2018
The largest EDM festival in North America returns to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway May 18-20, 2018 and we’ve got all the info you need! Keep checking for updates, as we are your #1 news source for all things EDM.
May 18, 19 & 20, 2018
Parking lots open: 2pm
cosmicMEADOW gates open: 3pm
Pre-party & opening ceremony:Â 4â7pm
Full grounds open: 7pmâ5:30am
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
7000 N Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NVÂ 89115
EDC 2018 Moves from June to May
EDC LV has been in June since it’s first year in 2011. Each year it seems to be hotter than the last. This change is much wanted, as better weather conditions will make everyones EDC experience much better and safer.
- Average highs in May in Las Vegas have been 90 and the average lows have been 64.
- They did lots of research regarding the âcollege finalsâÂ dilemma and found that a high percentage of colleges are actually out by then.
- That’s right, campsites, RVs, sound camps, and more. For the first time ever at EDC Las Vegas, you’ll just need to wake up and walk in.Â This means extended hours, extended sets, and early arrivals will help the flow in and out of the Speedway.
- Camping means allowed re-entry into the festival, you’ll be able to enter and leave whenever you’d like, as long as you have a camping wristband. The campgrounds will be located on the property surrounding the Speedway.
- Non-campers willÂ NOT be able to enter the campgrounds.
- People who buy tickets or do the payment planÂ will have first chance at buying camping passes.
- Campers will be able to check in on Thursday,Â but they are exploring the possibility of allowing people to arrive on Wednesday. Checkout will be at 7PM on Monday.
- Prices for bringing your own RV to camp will be $250-275, with additional fees for hook-ups. For camping, there will be several different packages ranging between $450-$2,500 for 4 days of camping. More information will be revealed before camping goes on sale.
- Above ground pools and pool parties with DJs are being explored as options for campers andÂ will likely happen along with other activities.
The extended hours means there will be more time to implement new possibilities. Next year, Insomniac will be hosting an opening ceremony before gates officially open at the fan-favorite cosmicMEADOW lawn, where theyâll feature extended sets from different artists each day of the festival.
Anyone who attended EDC Las Vegas last year will remember the less-than-desirable shuttle bus situation. EDC attendees were waiting hours to get to and from the Speedway all 3 days. For next year, they handed shuttle operations over to an independent company that specializes in large music and sporting events.
- Shuttle prices will not go upÂ and stops will be announced before the on-sale date for shuttles.
- There will beÂ added security to the shuttle stops.
- Premiere parking will not returnÂ unless itâs 110% improved.
EDC Las Vegas recently unveiled initial details about their expansive and affordableÂ layaway plans. Now, Headliners can secure a pass to EDC Las Vegas 2018 for just under $50, which is the lowest entry point weâve ever created for the festival. Learn more about their EDC Las VegasÂ layaway plans available.
Construction will be OVER
In 2017, there were only two lanes to get in and out of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, this year, there will be three. This will exponentially help with the 300,000+ attendees getting in and out of the festival. However, camping will exponentially also lessen the traffic as well.
- Announcements will come in the future, butÂ they are exploring redesigning kineticFIELD, bassPOD, wasteLAND, neonGARDEN, & upside-downHOUSE.
- Pasquale will be talking to the head of Food & Beverage at the SpeedwayÂ after it was brought to his attention that headliners were being ripped off by water vendors and being denied ice in 100-degree weather.
- New art cars are planned and will continue having the heavy hitter performers at the intimate stages.